FAITH BELIEF PURPOSE VISION
STATEMENT OF FAITH:
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,
that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
WE BELIEVE THAT:
- There is only one God and He
desires all people to be saved.
- God reveals himself as three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- God the Father created the Universe and all life.
- God the Son lived on earth as Jesus Christ, wholly God and wholly human but without sin.
- God the Holy Spirit is our spiritual counsellor and guide.
- Everyone has sinned and their relationship with God is broken.
- God sent His Son Jesus to die on a cross so that our sins are forgiven.
- Jesus rose from the dead and so restored our relationship with God. There is no other way.
- God’s Word, the Holy Bible is written by men divinely inspired by His Holy
- Jesus will return one day to complete God’s plan for the world.
- The Christian church, both local and universal, is the representation of Jesus Christ on earth.
OUR PURPOSE IS TO:
- Offer praise and worship to our God as a body
(the church) and as individuals.
- Fulfil Christ’s commission by introducing people
to Jesus and by providing teaching and other activities that will enable them
to reach their full potential as followers of Jesus Christ.
- Build up the church by actively offering love,
care and support to our own community of Christian believers.
- Reach out in a variety of ways to the local community
surrounding North Teignmouth Community Church.
- Offer love, care, support and prayer to the
Church of God nationally and internationally.
Our vision is for each of us to always put God first in our lives and to find ways to share His love with those who do not yet know Him by being:
A Christian community where each one is well equipped, through prayer, the reading of God's word and by the empowerment of the Holy Spirit to share the Gospel and to reflect the love of Jesus.
A church in the heart of the community working to make a difference for good in the lives of those we meet.
Open and welcoming, making the Gospel relevant and accessible to all.